QUESTION: With the gift certificates, can someone spend more than the certificate? Like paying for half with a cc? Say someone gets a $25 certificate, but spends $50, can they use a visa to pay the difference?
ANSWER: Yes. Gift certificate's amount will be subtracted from the order total and they can pay the difference with credit card, paypal or any other way you setup.
Here is how it works:
- Customer gets Gift Certificate by email or mail. Each Gift certificate has a unique code which can be used upon checkout. Let's say our guest got $25 Gift Certificate.
- Customer goes to your store, adds items to a shopping cart and clicks "Checkout".
- During checkout process he will see the choice of payment methods to use. He clicks "Gift Certificate"
- He enters his Gift Certificate code and click process.
- If order total is less than the amount on Gift Certificate, order will be
processed and order total will be deducted from this GC.
Let's say, our customer bought $10 worth of products. After checkout using $25 GC, he will have $15 left on this GC he can use next time in your store.
Let's say, our customer bought $60 worth of products. After checkout using $25 GC, he will get to choose another payment method (credit card, paypal, another GC and etc) to pay $35 left for this order.
Using Gift Certificates is a great way to get repeated sales from your customers and increase customers loyalty to your business.